Monday 21 March 2011

Back in Harness!!!

It has been so long since I posted anything - sorry! I haven't been idle though! Still gripped by my stitching demons I've been cross stitching, mainly Un Finished Objects (UFOs) but also some miniatures that I can't show you yet but will in time.



I finished a cross stitch of the 'Tate Baby House' and instead of having it framed have made it into a cushion. Here's how it turned out....




I also finished a 'Victorian Floral Heart'. This one is tinged with sadness as I had stitched it for my parents 40th Wedding Anniversary. Although my Mum saw the stitching finished she passed away before I could have it framed. I don't feel it would be appropriate now to frame it so I unpicked the lettering in the centre and replaced it with a simple 'A', my mum's initial. Again this has been made into a cushion and I've stitched a tiny 'For Mum' into the design although you will have to search to see it!

One cross stitch that made it to the framers is 'Harmony'. I just adore this little girl sitting at a piano. The kit was made by Bucilla who are (were?) the company allowed to reproduce the work of artist Bessie Pease Guttman. Sadly I can't find anymore of these kits so I assume they've been discontinued, shame!
You can see some more of my finished cross stitched projects on the Stitching Allsorts blog. So that's just a wee quick update - I'm starting off on some more minis now as I've swaps to do and my Orchid house is starting to get a bit mardy as I've not so much as looked in its direction lately, so it's off to work I go. Take care x

9 comments:

  1. Oh these projects are all so beautiful. I absolutely love the Tate Baby House piece, gorgeous, check out my blog for the dollhouse cross stitch I'm working on pics in my latest post. The roses for your mother is so touching. I'm glad she got to see it! Wonderful Wonderful work! Thank you for sharing! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Allison you have been very busy i love your stitching work and your new project turned out gorgeous i love the radio very retro..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful work. You must have so much patience as well as heaps of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful works of art. Such patience it takes. You are a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Allison...so glad you called by my blog...you have a new follower!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. El punto de cruz es un arte y un hobby maravilloso, me encantan tus trabajos.
    Un abrazo
    Maite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Que minis más preciosas tienes,ya soy tu seguidora,te invito a visitarme.Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Allison! Thank you for subscribing to my blog.
    I am also passionate about cross stitch as well as miniatures.
    Your works are wonderful.
    Especially I like the pillow for your dear mother. I am sorry for her.
    I expect to see your new miniatures. They will be fabulous!
    Good start of the week

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so please leave a message to let me know you've called by x