Wednesday 21 April 2010

My Lady's Bedroom

Just popping back with an update on The Laurels. The main bedroom belongs to the lady of the house. The decorating was finished a while ago so here's her room...

and here it is with the furnishings I've collected to date...

Still to find chest of drawers and wardrobe but the ceiling in this room is quite low too so it may have to be something I custom make, we'll see. And below are curtains that took me soooo long to make - but don't they hang well? There's a matching pair needed for the window at the front of the house - the material is all cut ready, just needs to be pleated.
Hope you enjoy the view so far x

6 comments:

  1. Te ha quedado una habitacion preciosa!!!
    Las cortinas son una maravilla!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty bedroom and your curtains are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allison Your hats are beautiful and the bedroom looks wonderful so far hope your well
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison there is an award on my blog for you
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The curtains look just perfect! How do you pleat them? What do you use to make them stay in shape like that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nasu - to pleat the curtains, the fabric has to be pinned to a board along one edge. Then use a knitting needle to make the folds in the fabric and pin again. Once it's all folded the fabric is steamed with your iron and then sprayed with starch and allowed to dry. I'll take step-by-step photos of the next one I do and post it for you to see x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so please leave a message to let me know you've called by x